Demoted lists are still tagged as "user:icheckmovies"

I discovered this issue with the ex-official Top 500 Horror Movies list but I assume it affects all other demoted lists (I don’t recall the names of the others).

After being demoted the list is still tagged as “user:icheckmovies” instead of “user:NEW_OWNER”; in this case, “user:joachimt”. It causes the list to incorrectly appear as one of the official lists on this page:

All demoted lists should be retagged according to the new ownership.

I assume these are all the affected lists:

And this one too:

Screenshot 2021-11-05 at 17-13-58 Ganga Bruta (1933)'s lists

On that screenshot I see three lists that have never been official (of course):
1001 all editions
TSPDT all editions
Dutch Netflix

Well yeah, I meant (most of?) the affected lists are on that screenshot, the ones with “user:icheckmovies” tag, not the three that don’t have it. Didn’t want to open image editor to cut non-affected ones out.

So what’s the verdict? Is this something that the mods can fix (by changing/removing the pesky tag)? Or was the tag left on purpose, to mark a list as ex-official?

Since I’ve noticed this I keep encountering this bug every so often, for example here (Film 2.0’s 100 Korean Masterpieces shouldn’t be listed):

No, it’s not something we can fix. Tags don’t update, so the only way to fix it would be directly in the database, and only @Marijn can do that kind of thing.

The second issue I thought was fixed, but now that I think about it, it might have been a separate but related issue. Also something only @Marijn can sort out.

Understood. Thank you for the reply.

I’ve removed the invalid tags for lists that are no longer official

1 Like