Director lists suggestion

I’d like to suggest a new series of official lists made up of prolific or notable directors’ work. There are a number of unofficial lists that could be made official. We have a ‘Director’ category already, but the category is made of lists of films that a particular filmmaker recommends rather than being made up of their own entire filmography.

To name a few:

• Alfred Hitchcock
  • Woody Allen
  • Martin Scorsese
  • Akira Kurosawa
  • Werner Herzog
  • Ingmar Bergman
  • Steven Spielberg

I think it would be a great way to celebrate and honour the achievements of some of the most notable film directors of all time.

1 Like

Sorry, it’s the policy of iCheckMovies.com not to adopt filmographies as official. So that’s unlikely to happen.

Please see this blogpost:
https://www.icheckmovies.com/blog/the+adopted/

I’m actually in favor of filmographies, and don’t think the blogpost referred to above actually rules them out. it states:

Additionally, the list must have an official source (such as a book, or a website) and contain some sort of quality criterium by which the movies are judged (which thus includes “best of” lists, but excludes filmographies).

But since most filmographies could be sourced to IMDb, the website and quality criteria could be met. That said, I will go with the majority opinion of the mods.

1 Like