iCheckMovies vNext feedback

Another peek:

Great to quickly see which friends favorited a movie. :+1:

1 Like

It looks great. How soon before this new design goes live?

No ETA yet, sorry!

Whereā€™s the screenshot coming from? On the Blade Runner page

Itā€™s from the new version weā€™re working on. Why?

Dislikes are shown also

Preview of movies in a list:

Another one:

And the ā€œcompactā€ view:

1 Like

Show media type if itā€™s not a movie:

Nice!
I see in 2.0 those episodes have the ā€œmovieā€-tag. Is this episode-tag completely new?

Well, itā€™s kinda new (not entirely). We already had this data (media type) in the database, but it was never shown. Itā€™s definitely not a tag, because we no longer have tags in the new version.

Unfortunately, Iā€™ve already noticed that there are a lot of entries that have an incorrect media type. Donā€™t know how that happened, but this can be easily fixed by updating the info.

I already expect some die-hard users posting long lists of TV-episodes that should be updated. Could become a lot of work. :persevere:
I donā€™t mind. Iā€™ll do the clicking.

Iā€™m thinking of a way to automate this, so maybe you donā€™t have to :wink:

Great to see all this progress. Iā€™d volunteer for beta tester, maybe you can pick a few users that you switch to beta by default so you get more ā€œliveā€ feedback from actual usage? Iā€™m not afraid of breaking things :wink:

We will do that, when this version is a little bit more polished.

Great! Iā€™ll keep that in mind.

Filters!

As you can see below, we support multiple filters of the same type now! :slight_smile:

All movies with year 1950 or 1960 and genre drama:

All movies of director Alfred Hitchcock or Clint Eastwood:

1 Like

Question:

Should the action buttons be based on you or the user youā€™re viewing when youā€™re looking at their checks/favorites/disliked/etc?

For example: When viewing someone elseā€™s checked movies, should the check button be always checked and disabled, or should it be based on if youā€™ve seen the movie?

I would prefer based on me. When Iā€™m going through the favs or checks of a friend, I would like to see which of his favs/checks I havenā€™t seen.

My main concern would be to easily view on the movie page which of the friends have seen the film.