"Import your IMDb ratings" not working

have tried both Chrome and Firefox, here are the errors:

Chrome/iCM2 - Whoops!

Your form session has expired. Please submit the form again.

Chrome/iCM3 - Error! It looks like something went wrong. Please check the form for errors, fix them and repost!

Firefox/iCM2 - Whoops!

It looks like something went wrong. Please check the form for errors, fix them and repost! Ensure that you:

Make the list "public" by going to your ratings page on IMDb and click on "Change list settings".
Then click on the "Make this list a public list visible to all IMDb Users" option and try re-importing the votes.

Firefox/iCM3 - Error! It looks like something went wrong. Please check the form for errors, fix them and repost!

IMDb has been changing the way things are displaying (for me) on the website and one of those things is ā€œYour Ratingsā€. Not sure if the output CSV file has changed though and thatā€™s causing this problem or if something else is acting up.

also tried IE11/iCM2 - Whoops!

It looks like something went wrong. Please check the form for errors, fix them and repost! Ensure that you:
Make the list ā€œpublicā€ by going to your ratings page on IMDb and click on ā€œChange list settingsā€.
Then click on the ā€œMake this list a public list visible to all IMDb Usersā€ option and try re-importing the votes.

IE11/iCM3 - _Error! It looks like something went wrong. Please check the form for errors, fix them and repost!

The issue came up since IMDb changed the display of the ratings page, the exported file also dwindled to about half the size it used to be. So Iā€™m assuming the way the export file is built has been changed drastically, hence why icheckmovies wonā€™t recognize the new file.

Iā€™m not really adding anything extra to xianjiroā€™s post, just trying to bring up the issue and let you know youā€™re not the only one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @VinceNet! I appreciate the confirmation.

1 Like

Sounds like thatā€™s the issue. I hope @Marijn has an easy way to fix this.

Iā€™ll look into it this weekend

edit:

Whoa, theyā€™ve really changed the format a lot. Iā€™ve updated the import to match and it should be working again.

2 Likes

Working wonderfully again
Thanks! @Marijn

1 Like

worked for me as well - Thanks! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m missing something here. My IMDb Ratings page is the correct url. But when I ā€˜exportā€™ this list, I donā€™t end up with a file that I can insert into in the iCM import form, just a ā€œratingsā€ spreadsheet. I havenā€™t done an export/import for a couple of years and it was different back then. What am I missing here?

Could you post an example of the ratings file you have?

Itā€™s just ā€œratings.csvā€. The IMDb page has ā€œExportā€ at the top (used to be"export this list" at the bottom of the page"). End up with the spreadsheet. I see no way to create an actual file in the format needed by iCM. I feel like the steps are obvious but Iā€™m not seeing them.

Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m having issues importing the new .csv

@Marijn
Hereā€™s the link to my ratings: http://www.imdb.com/user/ur13575401/ratings?ref_=nv_usr_rt_4

ratings.csv is the correct file you need, now when on iCM use Import IMDb ratings, then ā€œBrowseā€ under ā€œIMDb ratings fileā€ and pick the ratings.csv file you have downloaded from IMDb and let iCM do the rest :slight_smile:

Still not working. My ā€œRatingsā€ are public. Hit Export at top of page. End up with ratings.csv. I browse to where the file is saved.

This is what I get:

I may have found a bug in IMDb. The ratings list says it is set to Public. But in the list settings, it is saying Private, whether itā€™s set to Public or Private. Now I have to report the bug to IMDb. Not optimistic.

Youā€™re right @benhere. The upload was working yesterday, but itā€™s not anymore. It seems IMDb went back to the old spreadsheet for ratingsā€¦ And that would be the reason why itā€™s not working anymore.
Iā€™m saying this because the size of my export file is back to what it used to be before the change.

God damn IMDb @#%^@

Export of ratings gives a 404 for me now. Looks like theyā€™re still figuring things out.

Going around with an IMDb agent about the Public/Private issue. Theyā€™ve confirmed that Iā€™m not an idiot so now theyā€™ve escalated it to the ā€œstaffā€. Still not hopeful.

I seem to remember that early on, iCM just used the url of the IMDb ratings page to directly grab the data. It saved the tedious step of having to Export the list out of IMDb. I assume thereā€™s a reason iCM stopped doing it that way.

That was removed due to heavy load on the servers AFAIK.

Oh dearā€¦ so they went back to the old format?! That explains why I was able to export the .csv from IMDb today in the first place, lol. I submitted a ticket the other day as I was unable to export at allā€¦ they said they were looking into itā€¦

Yes, theyā€™ve switched back. iCM is back on the old format now too. Letā€™s see how long this will work :wink:

2 Likes