"Order by" option in lists

Hi,

Can someone help me to understand this option ?
I tried to explain each option but I’m not sure.

Check date : the first one is the first film I checked all time

Checks : the first one is the most checked by all iCM members

Date added : the first one is the first film added on iCM

Dislikes : the first one is the most disliked by all iCM members

Favorited : the first one is the most favorited by all iCM members

Owned : the first one is the most owned by all iCM members

In # X toplists : the first one is the most added in X toplists

Position : ?

Title : alphabetic order

Year of release : chronologic order

Runtime : the first one is the most longer

Thanks you in advance !

Rank is the order of the actual list as it is presented on the source. In some cases that’s alphabetical (Amos Vogel’s Film as a Subversive Art) or chronological (1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die), but in other cases there is a best of ranking (Sight & Sound’s The Greatest Films of All Time).

I don’t see “position” as option to sort on a list.

Hi Cox,
welcome to our forum. Thank you for your question. Joachimt already explained the ‘rank’ option above.

Position is a option used to order movies that in the ‘favorited’, ‘disliked’, ‘watchlist’, ‘owned’ or ‘recommended’ tab. With ‘Position’ you can order those on the position you’ve given the movies in those tabs. You can re-order those tabs if you want (unless it’s over 1000 items).

I hope that explains it.

Thanks for your responses.

[quote=“joachimt”]
Rank is the order of the actual list as it is presented on the source. In some cases that’s alphabetical (Amos Vogel’s Film as a Subversive Art) or chronological (1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die), but in other cases there is a best of ranking (Sight & Sound’s The Greatest Films of All Time).[/quote]
How can I know the right case ?

[quote=“Lonewolf2003”]
With ‘Position’ you can order those on the position you’ve given the movies in those tabs.[/quote]
I never make an order then how is it generate ?

Are my other suppositions correct ?

P.S. : sorry for quotes, I don’t understand why it doesn’t work :frowning:

I don’t understand exactly what you mean with right case. The order of ranking is the order the list was originially ordered in, some list are origininally ranked alphabetical, other chronological and most are by highest ranked. To know how the original list was ranked, sometimes it descriped in the description or you can check the source.

If you never order those, they are ordered by the date you added them. The newest addition wil be added to the bottom of the list.

Both rank and position are the default options lists are ordered in.

Thanks I understand now.

Are my other suppositions correct ?