Problem with adding films by IMDb link

Thanks joachimt. I have submitted an update to imdb, hopefully that will do the trick.

Thanks again joachimt. Adding the date worked.

Sorry to insist @joachimt. I sent to my friend the exported file of my ratings and they were perfectly imported in its account, despite that its own export continues to only upload 60 checks. I do not know if this helps but do you have some ideia of what can be happening? Thanks a lot

No, I have no idea. Can you send me the two files? If you prefer you can send them to me by PM on iCM.

1 Like

My issue was solved. Thank you very much to @joachimt for the help!

It seems adding movies is not working at the moment. Or maybe someone can help me by adding a title.

Yesterday evening as well as this morning I tried to add Dancing Mary by Sabu [https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12825596/reference].

I’m pretty sure it’s not already in the database, since it’s not showing in search results nor does it state the movie can’t be added since the title does already exist…

Something was stuck in the queue. It’s been fixed so everything should get through now.

1 Like

This problem seems to have arisen again.
Edit: and now it’s gone again. Thanks, if moderators were behind the fix.

This problem is back again by the looks of it.
I’m trying to add & check https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5138390/

The title has no year on IMDb, because its status is “post production”. A title without a year can’t be imported to iCM. You need to edit on IMDb first if this movie indeed has been released by now.

Thanks. Weird that I wasn’t aware of that after so long on icm.

Hi there,
I added a list of new films from Sight & Sound’s latest edition but many of them were bounced back.
e.g. Passages. It has a year (2023) and as far as I can tell is released on MUBI. Any ideas?

“The title you’ve added to our update queue could not be added/updated. Please try again later.”

Update:
Only a French release here. Is icheckmovies U.S. or U.K. only?

Hi Gealach.

The reason you couldn’t add Passages is because it’s already on icm: Passages (2023) - iCheckMovies.com

As to release years, that information is pulled from imdb, which typically uses the earliest public release globally, so is not country-specific.