Social Media presence

I’ve been a member for going on 5 years now, with the site recommended to me by a friend on a gaming website. At the time a handful of us all signed up and a few of us are still using the site to this day. Granted, I’ve not used the forum until now, but I was wondering about iCM’s social media presence, or perhaps, lackthereof.

There is a Facebook page, though there doesn’t seem to be any activity for over 6 months or so. There also appears to be a Twitter page (though I am far from a regular user), with seemingly sporadic activity; one tweet at the end of January, which was the first since August.

Please don’t take this as a criticism or anything like that, but I would like to know whether there is any reason that icheckmovies doesn’t have more of a social media presence?

I don’t know how everything works here behind the scenes - in terms of ownership, volunteers, etc - but one would assume that an increased social media presence would be beneficial to the site?

Thanks in advance, and hope that this doesn’t come across the wrong way. I love the site, and will continue to use it as I have done the last few years.

1 Like

Time is the main reason. To be meaningful such a social media presence would have to be regular and frequent enough for people to care. There is one owner who does all the coding and a handful of us volunteers who maintain lists and moderate comments and update movies. I don’t know that any of us are particularly active on social media in our personal lives, so using it in an effective and meaningful way would take planning and effort. That doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be worthwhile, it does seem like a good way to gain new users and keep people up to date, but the time investment is a barrier.

1 Like

You might be interested in the unofficial iCM Forum: https://forum.icmforum.com/

There’s also an iCM group on Facebook, but no one uses it, because we prefer to talk on the iCM forum.

I would love for iCheckMovies to have a greater social media impact, but as PeacefulAnarchy stated, there is just not enough time to do all that. And I’m personally not very active on social media, so that’s an issue too.

Things I can think of that would be great to share on social media:

• Suggestions for great lists (official and unofficial)
  • Movie suggestions
1 Like

Thanks for the responses guys. I’ve only found this forum recently, so was vastly unaware about the number of people in the background (voluntarily or otherwise).

I have been a member of other websites before that had a social media presence, but they were much larger by the time they were able to do that, and had a massive volunteer team behind them.

Keep up the good work, everyone. I’ll keep trying to promote iCM.

1 Like

Businesses that want to be successful online must establish a social media presence.
Good content must be created and shared across the social web as part of an effective Internet marketing plan.