Total Checked Movies Count is Wrong

My count is wrong as well. After checking Sladky cas Kalimagdory the count went up to 2923 instead of 2922.

It shows on the film page that you checked the film twice. Did you check and uncheck and recheck, or did the page time out when you first tried to check? It might be a temporary thing that will sort itself out in a day or two.

I unchecked the film after the error first occurred to see if it would resolve itself.

So will this be solved? Is this bug actively being worked on?

I donā€™t know if Marijnā€™s working on it or not. Itā€™s not clear to me what it causing it, as itā€™s not a sitewide bug affecting all users. Itā€™s affecting a few users at seemingly random intervals, and usually gets resolved by itself in a few days. So weā€™re not even sure if itā€™s the same bug that keeps affecting people (if itā€™s even a bug), or if each situation has a different cause.

With Marijnā€™s limited bandwidth, I donā€™t know when he will have the time to dig deep into trying to figure it out. The best we can do right now is monitor when this pops up and try to discover possible triggers to the count being off, and hope that that information will be somehow useful for debugging.

I recognize that thatā€™s not the ideal answer, but I donā€™t have any other solutions/theories at this time. Sorry.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to that question, and totally understand your stance and capacity call out, thank you. Itā€™s definitely still an issue since my first report on Feb 11th if you need an example account to review, use mine; each movie I have checked since Feb 11th has kept my count off by +1

All the best

To hopefully add another data point, this problem occurred for me starting on June 20th, maybe the 19th for me based on time zone difference.

It happened after I imported three new entries to iCM from the beta site using the imdb URLs. It missed one of the three uploads to the number next to my profile name. I added them one at a time. My total checks is correct and is one more than the number next to my name. I have added 11 more checks since then without any further issue, including seven more imports to iCM through the beta site.

Itā€™s possible this occurred on one of the import entries when I forgot to select ā€œCheck title(s) after addingā€, which I usually do. And then had to check it manually after it imported, but since itā€™s been several weeks my memory might be incorrect.

That ā€œcheck title(s) after addingā€ button might be the culprit. IIRC, the problem for some users in the past had been caused by them checking that button, but it wasnā€™t the source of the issue in all cases. Whenever I import a film Iā€™ve just seen, I donā€™t use that button anymore - I import the film, then check that it was actually imported, and then go to the page to check in manually.

Iā€™m curious why/how the system missed one of the three you added - that seems like it might be relevant to the situation as well.

Thank you for the extra data point. :slight_smile:

Oh very interesting! I have used that button a number of times this year to import something that didnā€™t exist here.

My total count is also incorrect. At the top, next to my username, it says (1742). When browsing my checked list, the page selector at the bottom says ā€œShowing items 1 - 25 of 1740ā€. This last number appears to be consistent with my IMDb count.

Hi koukol,

If your check count is over, it might be the result of recent mergers or deletions. These type of discrepancies usually resolve themselves in a week or so. Alternatively, it may have come about if you have checked & unchecked, or unchecked & rechecked, and films.

Looking at your profile, I cannot see any other possible cause of the discrepancy, sorry.

Thank you for the reply. For now the issue persists but I will keep an eye on it, see if it resolves itself.

A follow-up to my issue, it appears to be resolved. Something resolved on its own and my two numbers match again.

1 Like

Youā€™re correct, something has changed. My count is now accurate since I first noticed this back in April of this year

1 Like

Mine are incorrect for the second time in a yearā€¦ last time it fixed itself so I donā€™t know if it will fix itself againā€¦ in my case it happens when I uncheck a movie

A few days ago it was off for me as well, but I knew the cause. I compared my iCM checks with my IMDb ratings and discovered a few dupes on iCM, which I checked both. I merged a bunch of pages. My checkcount didnā€™t go down then, although it should. But today the count is correct again. So I guess things like these resolve itself in the end.

1 Like

Iā€™ve same issue. My checked count shows 5578ā€¦ when i view checked movies listā€¦ it shows 5556. Also similar issue with lists createdā€¦Iā€™ve created 4 listsā€¦it shows 5 lists

I canā€™t see your lists because theyā€™re private, but have you deleted any lists ever?

Yesā€¦ Iā€™ve deleted a few lists beforeā€¦i guess itā€™s a bug ?

Thatā€™s likely the cause, yes.