Turkey Country List replacement

I just realized that the country list for Turkey was changed to “Hürriyet’s The 100 Best Movies of Turkish Cinema”, before it was " Ekolay’s Best Turkish Films". The new list is probably better, I had hoped for a change for a long time, but was it announced anywhere? I did not read it in any of the blog posts.

It’ll be announced in the next blog post, when we adopt the next batch of lists.

In case anyone wants to continue working on the old list, it’s available here: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/ekolays+best+turkish+films/mjf314/

And it’s not a replacement, but an update. Ekolay merged with Hürriyet, so we consider it the same source.

Well, that’s one way to put it. Hürriyet is the flagship of one of Turkey’s biggest media companies. To merge with them is like to merge with the New York Times.

But the poll is very much alike, with several of the same voters as the previous poll.

Anyway, if you call it a replacement, that’s fine as well. The list is better (or at least more recent) anyway. The old one is still available on iCM, if anyone wants to check that one out.

I think the comment was about the merger being more of a takeover or buyout than about the semantics of replacement or update. It’s also a reminder that we don’t always have a full sense of how sources outside of our media sphere are regarded.

Indeed, it’s not so important how it is called. The lists were indeed done in a similar fashion, and the new one is indeed better in several ways. In any case I think the change is positive for ICM. Well done!