Alternative ranking

Hi!

As this is my first post here, I’d like to say thanks to everyone who contributed to iCheckmovies. You really changed the way I watch movies, and I discovered some real gems that I would otherwise even never would have heard of. So thanks, and keep up the good work!

I wonder what you think of building an additional user ranking, based on how critically acclaimed your watched movie history looks like instead of the current ranking system, where it doesn’t matter whether a movie only present in one list or a 34 lists powerhouse. Now, every check has the same weight as long as a movie is in at least one official list, and the ranking does not really reflect the critical acclaim of a user’s watched movie history.

What’s your opinion on an additional raking system, where you earn points per official list a checked movie is in? e.g. A movie in 10 official lists will get you 10 points. A movie in only one list gains 1 point. 0 lists is 0 points. IMHO, this would create a fairer and more interesting user ranking system. In addtion, you can also consider to give some lists more weight than others. (e.g. low weight for IMDB lists, more weight for critic or festival lists).

Cheers!