Checked count is wrong

My checked movie count shown on the dashboard (and also in brackets next to my name by the search bar) is off by one. I’m logging all checks on ICM and also IMDb and the number is down by one on ICM. However, if I actually click on the checks link within the stats (https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/norf/) the page it takes me to gives the correct number at the bottom of the page. It’s also correct if I export the list. I know this is a minor bug, but it’s bugging me because it doesn’t match IMDb. It’s been like this for a couple of months.

Thanks

Hi Norf.

Not sure how to fix this one. This type of bug pops up every now and then, and we’ve yet to find a pattern or cause. The only thing I can think of is either 1) you unchecked a film at some point, or 2) a film you checked got merged with another or deleted outright. Neither of those should break the filmcount, but they might.

And to be clear, the higher number on imdb and the checks page is correct, and the lower number on your profile and ranking pages is incorrect?

I’ve tried fixing this in various ways and it drove my up a wall. It can’t be fixed from the user/mod side.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back tom and looking into it.

The number on the Stas section of the profile next to where it says Checks is one too low. If I click on the number it has the list of all my checks and at the bottom of that page it has the correct, higher number. It’s also correct if I export this list and compare it to an imdb export.

It doesn’t really matter, it’s just bugging me. I might just check a random short and not add it to imdb to get them to match…

I have the exact same problem…

After unchecking a film my check count beside my username stayed the same instead of going down 1, so only the check count at the bottom of my “checks” page is right and the check count beside my username, on my profile and in the ranking is always at +1.

My profile check count is also +1 than the check count at the bottom of my “checks” page. I think for me it’s been that case for years now. I’m not sure if it was exactly after that point in time, but someday I imported my IMDb votes and it showed up a newly added film. I remember it was Ratchet and Clank (Ratchet & Clank (2016) - iCheckMovies.com). I’m sure that I had already imported it some time before this import. Maybe it helps you as a hint to find the problem.