Import IMDB ratings

I’m having trouble importing my ratings list from IMDb. I attempted to split the list into two, with each CSV containing around 5000 titles, but every time I try, I receive the message: ‘We could not find any votes. Are you sure that your ratings file is correct?’ Any thoughts on this?

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur12713935/ratings

Could you send me the files you’re trying to import?

original file:
IMDB Rating

split ones:
first
second

Did you export your ratings from the new Beta view in imdb? I think I read somewhere that the exported .csv file is in a different order than the current one, which might be messing up with iCM’s ability to recognize the correct fields.

Edit: I think that’s the issue. I exported my own ratings and compared them to yours, and you can see below that the two .csv files have different columns. So the system is trying to find your rating in column B, but it’s not recognizing it because instead that’s where the ttid is stored (top file is your ratings, bottom file is mine). Your file export looks like a list export, not a ratings export, actually.

If you rearrange the exported columns to match my file, you should be fine.

that was the problem. thanks!

1 Like

@Marijn It looks like the upcoming changes to imdb lists are going to affect the functionality of importing ratings into icm.