Pull down menus in Beta

It is not possible to combine the “unchecked” criterion with other filters via the pull down menus while it’s possible via manually changing the URL. What does that mean?

I wanted to find all the horror movies on Emma Beare’s 501 list that I haven’t watched (=unchecked)

If I first select “unchecked” and then “genre: horror”, the unchecked disappears (resulting URL: Emma Beare's 501 Must-See Movies - iCheckMovies.com)

If I first select “horror” and then “unchecked”, the horror disappears (resulting URL: Emma Beare's 501 Must-See Movies - iCheckMovies.com)

If I manually combine the two criteria in the URL by using the “&” sign, it actually works. (correct URL: Emma Beare's 501 Must-See Movies - iCheckMovies.com)

It is just not possible to achieve this via the pull-down menus.

Thanks Thyron.

I believe Marijn is aware of this, and that it’s related to other issues that have been brought to his attention (i.e. there’s no 2020s filter in Beta, but if you choose another decade and then edit the URL, it will work). I can’t offer a timeline or another solution beyond the workaround you’ve already described, though.

1 Like