Films that need info updates on iCM from IMDb

Remove director “Vegan Solarman”

Fixed, but you know you can do that yourself nowadays? Go to the betapage of the movie, hit the three buttons and hit “update info”.

needs an update to have the genres displayed (can’t do that myself, going to the betapage of the movie inevitably leads to the infamous “An error occurred while handling an error” screen).

I’ve updated it. The genres now show on beta. I don’t recall if they’ll show up on live, though.

thanks ! They don’t show on live for the time being, but maybe it needs time to update. Otherwise I’ll ask directly for a live update.

We don’t have a way of updating live directly. Some things do take time to show up, so hopefully it does.

Yes, the genre updates usually take an hour or two before showing up on the live version, but if they show up right away on beta, they went through and will eventually show up on live.

Just checked, and they show now for this title.

I suspect this is also the place where wrong posters should be removed and altered? IMDb has the correct one :smiley:
(one comment, by the way, is mistaken about which films is which, hah)

Unfortunately updating posters is not a thing we, as mods, can do. I had a look at cinematerial, our source for posters, and that movie isn’t there, so I don’t know why it has a poster instead of no poster. I assume not finding an imdb id match it went for the title/year match.
I assume a fix would mean a) adding the title to cinematerial with an accurate poster and b) some update being done to refresh the poster.

This movie has four directors on imdb, icm only takes three. That would not be such a tragedy, but the fourth is the actual director, Hideaki Anno, listed as “chief director”. He should somehow appear on the icm page of the movie.

We can’t manually edit film pages, so there’s no solution at the moment, unfortunately.

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/bruce+the+super+hero/
Should be year 1979 according to IMDb ?

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/guo+bu+xin+lang/
Both IMDb and icheckmovies got the year wrong. If you look closely at the ending credits - it says 1986.

It’s updated now. From the new beta site there is an option to update info which updates iCM database from IMDB.

1 Like

It’s the difference between a production year and the actual release year.
It was not uncommon in Taiwan and HK to sit on finished movies.

Paper Marriage was filmed in 1986 but released in 1988.
It is confirmed by a review on:

1 Like

It reminds me of Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. There was a time when it’s presented as 1990 film, but it was eventually changed to 1986. So i do not buy that ‘‘release’’ thing, because i think it’s rather simple: what is written in the ending credits - that should be written on web or anywhere else.

ICM has four movies with Detlef Sierck as the director: All movies - iCheckMovies.com , e.g. Schlußakkord (1936) - iCheckMovies.com

However, this director is better known under the name Douglas Sirk. IMdB has corrected the entries, e.g. Schlußakkord (1936) - IMDb

It would be better to replace the four entries of “Detlef Sierck” with “Douglas Sirk”.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot that we can do that ourselves now. I updated the entries.

Karppi (Name in original language) aka. Deadwind

1. Page has wrong justwatch link generated. Correct is Karppi | Yle Areena and that can also be found via justwatch search.
  2. That is not a movie, but a TV-series, with 3 seasons.

so, how should, could this be fixed?

The TV series part is fixed
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/3296183-karppi
I don’t know how the justwatch implementation works but that’s useful info for @Marijn

https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/2065352-kubo+and+the+two+strings

The director, Travis Knight (Travis Knight (II) on imdb), has directed this and Bumblebee. But the list of his movies (All movies - iCheckMovies.com) also shows several adult movies by another director, also named Travis Knight (Travis Knight (III) on imdb).

Having several of the movies updated from imdb didn’t solve the issue.

Can the two directors be separated somehow?